Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Party!

The week of the party we were trying to think of ways different was to share the news with everyone. Andy's birthday is the 20th so we decided to decorate the cake with our baby news. The next thing was to just get everyone together and get out the cake at the party.  We just decided to wing it. We got to the party and I was immediately anxious to get out the cake. Everyone had brought a dish and my parents had decided to do a fish fry. (Which by the way, they had been promising Andy to have since we've been together). . I finally ask my mom if it was OK to get out Andy's birthday cake while we had everyone around to dig into the food. She thankfully agreed and thought would be a good idea. All the while, Lee was busy making the fish. So I tried to drag him in the garage to celebrate Andy's Birthday and sing Happy Birthday. He was just looking a me like (What's the big Deal?), little did he know. So we got the cake out Andy made a little speech about the birthday cake ....yada yada yada... Just to get every one's attention most of them had the same look as Lee did. We unveiled the cake. My mom was standing next to me and I had her read the cake. She read it and didn't seem to get it . She thought it was Andy's Dads cake. So I had her read it again : and it said:
Happy Birthday Daddy! Baby Kremer arriving in April! She started jumping and gave me a big hug and from that everyone seem to catch on. Needless to say we never even sang Happy Birthday to Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment