Sunday, October 24, 2010

Our baby beginning!

Just at the thought of us becoming parents, I was excited. I was so excited that I couldn't wait to take the pregnancy test. We had decided about 3 months before we would try for a baby. The first two months went by and I really didn't think it would happen that quick, so I just relaxed and didn't worry about wasting money taking a pregnancy test. Well the third month rolled around and I just felt different. At the time we were working on Andy's house and found mold in the basement :( , the first thing I thought was : what if I'm pregnant and around all of this? I opted to pass on helping with it. For those of you who know me , that thought wouldn't be unusual because I can be over cautious and worry a bit. After that I went ahead and bought a 3pack of pregnancy test, just so I could be sure. The following morning I took the test. Andy wasn't home and I figured I'd surprise him. I had often thought of clever ways to tell him. I took the test and was really confused, there were two lines but one was so faint I thought it was negative, so I decided to wait the following morning and give it another try. I did tell Andy I had taken it but he was as unsure as I was. So he said wait until tomorrow. Although the line was barely there, I already had butterflies and couldn't wait till the morning. The next morning I woke up at 5:00 which is rare because I love my sleep. I laid there for about an hour, Andy still asleep and decided I would go ahead and take it. I took the 2nd one and the line was just a little darker, so I took the third and it seemed a little darker than the 2nd. I was still confused and not sure the results were true. Honestly I think I was a little shocked at the results. The package clearly said any 2 line means: Pregnant!
I went back to bed and just laid there think of the idea of being a mom and being able to share the news with Andy. Andy woke about 30 min late and said "We'll?" He knew what I had been up to. I shared with him that it was true and for a while we both just laid in bed with big smiles on our faces. The next question was when do we tell everyone. We both decided it was best to wait until our first appointment to make sure we were pregnant and everything was good. My family was having a cookout on Sept 11th . Andy and I decided we would wait and tell our families because both Andy and my family would be at the party. I remember making a promise to Andy not to tell anyone including my mom. I agreed. Although, It would be very hard not to share the news with her. I started to cry in the other room at just the thought of being able to tell her. I knew she would be so excited, but I stuck to my word and didn't tell her.


So the 8 week countdown began until the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment