Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Journey through motherhood.

Nothing else will ever make you as happy or as sad,
as proud or as tired, as motherhood -Elia Parsons

This quote is too true. I feel as if my journey in motherhood has been a roller coaster and hasn't really even gotten started. When I think back before I was pregnant, I didn't look at being pregnant as already being a mother. I was so wrong, don't get me wrong I did give credit to those going through pregnancy. I just looked at it in a different light. For me as soon as I took that pregnancy test I was a mother.I had  given life to a child.  Your mom trys to warn you about this or make you understand but as we all know we have to learn for ourselves. My mom would always say," just wait until your a mom and you'll understand" - Thanks Mom! Again your were right! I remember the day the Dr. was struggling to find the heart beat for our baby and I was devastated. I hadn't really seen my baby as a baby, just a peanut or give him/her a name but it really didn't matter. Knowing a child is growing inside me was all I needed to feel. Over the past 2 weeks I've really started to fell the baby move around. Its like it's happening for the first time every time I feel the baby. Its truly an amazing feeling. The last couple nights the baby was moving around like crazy and kicking really hard. I was determined Andy would be able to fell it too, but every time I would have him put his hand on my belly . I would get so excited and say "Did you fell that?" But he couldn't. I'm just so anxious for him to be a part of our baby experience. I figure I'll give it a couple weeks and have him try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment